Friday, June 28, 2024

“I don’t know where I'm a-gonna go when the volcano blows.”

-Jimmy Buffet


When you think that things just cannot get any worse here in America, you realize that they absolutely can on November 5th, Election Night 2024. The dreaded day when we will learn just who the Electoral College and wealthy campaign financiers will allow this country to have as our President again. Will it be Biden or Trump? We already know that they will not allow a 3rd party candidate to be the first snowball in hell to survive, so it is down to some sort of repeat of what we have already had, and the outcome will affect more than just Americans.


Will you put your money on the Scorpio, Biden, or the Gemini, Trump? Strictly speaking I would choose the Scorpio because they are at least theoretically capable of great depth of feeling somewhere in their makeup. I know what you are thinking. Show me where the depth of feeling was when Scorpio funded and supported two ghastly wars that have affected the entire planet one way or another. Why not choose the Gemini instead? Well, I cannot in all good conscience do that when it was the Gemini who thought it would be a good idea to inject ourselves with bleach to get rid of Covid 19, he believes that the fictional character of Hannibal Lecter was a great man, and reportedly said that we should drop a bomb inside the eye of a hurricane.  I watched the Presidential Debate last night and I can tell you that my money is still on the Scorpio, Joe Biden, for reasons that may be viewed differently by others, but they are valid ones for me. 


These are dreadful times in America. I wish that I could say that they are recent developments here, but they truly are not. I have never seen any US President in my life do everything that they could have to solve the many problems that we have here. It takes a large amount of ego and high self esteem to motivate a person to run for the highest level job in the country. Anyone who is sure enough of theirself to run for the office is usually going to carry that belief in their ability into every decision that they make, and this is nearly always a recipe for an exaggerated response to any challenge to their superiority and authority, hence, the largest likelihood for a screw up is usually going to come in their decisions concerning foreign policy. I am rarely 

surprised at how easily our government gets us into wars. Biden has proven to be no exception to that. And while it pains me to see the tragedy that so many people are experiencing right now for that reason, I cannot look at that continuation of an ego centric mindset that happens to come with the territory to base my final thoughts on their reality as a whole person. 


In a previous post on this blog, I wrote about how to know what kind of character a person running for a political office is likely to have based on when they were born. In another post, I spoke about how Biden - Uncle Joe - really needed our help to deal with the fallout from the previous administration. To know astrology is to know that people are capable of great things and capable of terrible things at the same time. Each of us has to struggle with this duality in our nature but a large percentage of us don’t know, don’t understand, and don’t care to develop ourselves in the best ways to stay in balance with our inborn capabilities. I don’t expect that we will ever see a lot of altruistic behavior in a person who has very high career aspirations because the traits necessary to ascend to that do not include Mother Teresa like attributes. The one thing that I would always look for first in any political candidate is their capacity for empathy, and that will nearly always lead you to the Water signs. Most of our previous presidents have been Fire signs and Air signs. I would never say that they are unqualified to lead because they certainly can be, but the way that humanity has fallen off a cliff and descended in to hatred and barbarism in this century calls for emotional depth, understanding of human needs, and the ability to address the issues that have become alarmingly critical when people abandon their willingness to care for and understand the basic needs to sustain life to the point of denying us shelter, food, and healthcare. What are these particular times in human existence calling out for?


Are things so good for us that we should be focused on creating more ways to keep and maintain our finances and infrastructure? If they are, then I would be looking for the kind of people who tend to do well in that area. If there is illness and poverty (such as during the pandemic) I would look for those who tend more toward organization and sympathy for the sick. When I look at the differences between Scorpio and Gemini for the times that we are experiencing right now I am going to look toward Scorpio for the ability to “feel” the suffering of the people. There will be other times to come when Gemini’s abilities might be called for, but I don’t see that in 2024. I cannot say that Scorpio will hit the mark and do the right thing for struggling Americans every time. In fact, I know they won’t.  But I can recall many times during Biden’s term as President when he thought of the needs of the people when leaders before him couldn’t be bothered.


In the Book of Revelation in the Bible they talk about a future time which will be “the beginning of sorrows." I don’t know exactly when that started here but I can tell you that it has been going on for some time now. I can see no end to these sorrows for us because a change for the better would require a radical change in the way people think. When people believe that they are superior and entitled to a high standard of living at the expense of others whom they deem to be of lesser value it is not possible to rid the world of sorrow and pain.  This seems to be a lesson that many would like to delete from the human curriculum. Nobody has ever accomplished creating a balance in America between the haves and have nots in my lifetime, but I truly have seen times in the past when things were better than they are now. I will always be looking for that in this country, but it would require more of us to want it. So, I still stand with the Water sign that we now have because I still believe that this is badly needed.


I can tell you that I surely would love to be somewhere besides here when it all comes down in November but that just isn’t in the cards for me when you consider that it would cost a fortune to pick up stakes and just move around the corner now. As hard as I try, I cannot think of a country in the world where there isn’t as much or more trouble than there is here at the present time, and I really don’t know of any who would look favorably at another immigrant trying to cross their border, legally or not, even if I had the ability to leave. 


So, I know that the political volcano is about to blow here if we aren’t prepared to stop it.  There are 169 actual volcanos in America with the majority of them being in Alaska and Hawaii. The likelihood of all of them erupting at the same time is extremely unlikely, but what we will inherit from a replay of the previous administration will devastate this country as surely as if all 169 of them blew simultaneously. The fallout from a long history of mistakes and bad decisions from our government is already spewing out the molten ash of their poor choices so it is just a matter of time before we are all totally covered in it. I say all of us, but there will be some very rich and powerful elitists who will run like rabbits with all of their ruinous ideals intact to other countries, probably yours, if the political tide doesn’t turn to their liking, and they will start fresh new corruptions there. I would heartily suggest that you turn those refugees away at the border. Just take a look at how they will have left America looking like the battle of Armageddon the day after. We have many big troubles erupting all over the world right now but the choices that we have to lead us for another four years come down to Water and Air again. While it is unlikely that any human being can come in and save the day across the board for us, I believe in staying with the family the way it is right now because jumping ship in the middle of a storm is a dangerous thing to do when the captain of the other ship has already shown that he has no reservations about throwing people overboard on a whim and cannot be bothered to give a life preserver to anyone who is sinking as a result of his one sided policies that favor those who don’t even need help. If the volcano does blow in that direction, I don’t think that we have a prayer.


You can spend the rest of your life looking for that perfect person to lead the world to peace and prosperity for all but ultimately your only choices are going to be flawed human beings who may or may not have the capability to accomplish it. We may not have much of a say in the outcome in November but most of us cannot leave here even if our country appears to be a sinking ship. The best we can do is vote for the person who at least has it in him to change his mind about some things when he sees that he could possibly have been wrong about a few of them. 

1 comment:

  1. Another Joe — Joe Friday — once said that we’ll never have a perfect society because we’ll never have perfect people. Since we’ll never get perfect, I guess the best we can hope for is good enough or maybe less-horrible..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to not only read my Blog but also post a comment.